Thunderbolt™ bus Powered
USB 3.0With USB 3.0 it is necessary to use the included external power supply (USB 2.0For optimal performance, the product must be connected to a USB 3.0 host port. and UAS compatible)
Thunderbolt: 10 Gb/s
USB 3.0: 5 Gb/s
Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 (in MB/s)These transfer rates were achieved using AJA System Test when connected to a Mac computer. Actual data rates may vary depending on operating environment and other factors, such as chosen interface, RAID mode, and disk capacity. :
RAID 0: 240 reads | 240 writes
RAID 1: 115 reads | 120 writes
Preconfigured RAID 0
Hardware RAID 0 / 1
Easy RAID selection
- Dust & Water: IP 54 rated
- Shock: drops up to 1.5 meters (5 feet) (in non-operating mode)
- Pressure: 1 ton (1000 kg / 2205 lbs)Determined by a test that approximates a real-world scenario in which the hard drive remained functional, despite aesthetic damage, after the product was driven over by an approximately 1-ton car (1000 kg / 2205 lbs).
When referring to drive capacity, one gigabyte, or GB, equals one billion bytes and one terabyte, or TB, equals one thousand billion bytes. Your computer’s operating system may use a different standard of measurement and report a lower capacity. In addition, some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and will not be available for data storage.
- Theft: password protection with AES 256-bit software encryption
- LaCie Setup Assistant (easily format and create partitions for use on Mac®, PC, or both)
- LaCie Private-Public (password protection with AES 256-bit software encryption)
- LaCie Backup Assistant
34 x 91 x 148 mm / 1.3 x 3.6 x 5.8 in.
- Computer with a Thunderbolt, USB 3.0, or USB 2.0For optimal performance, the product must be connected to a USB 3.0 host port. port
- Operating system:
- Thunderbolt: Mac OS® X 10.6.8 or later
- USB 3.0: Latest version of Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8 / Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended